The Withings Scale, An Apple Accent You Can Stand On

The Withings Scale, An Apple Accent You Can Stand On

09.15.10
Share
Tweet
Share
Save
In the Apple accessory ecosystem, there are thousands of completely different items for the Mac , iPhone , iPod , and iPad Out of that massive world, I can consider only one accent that you could actually stand on - The Withings Connected Physique Scale (US$159.00). I've had the pleasure of using certainly one of these internet-linked scales for a couple of yr now, and I find it to be a assist in my every day battle between being a foodie and trying to maintain a good weight.
Although the Withings Scale can be utilized with any computer, I like to consider it as an Apple accent, since I can use my Mac, iPhone, and iPad in varied ways to examine my weight loss plan progress. Withings supplies a free iOS app ( WiScale ) that gives you password-protected access to your weight info, or you may go to the principle Withings website to view the identical data in your free account.
The dimensions measures and calculates your weight, fats mass, and BMI (Physique Mass Index), after which it transmits that data to the Withings servers via a Wi-Fi connection to your community. Inside a really short amount of time, that information can both be accessed privately through a variety of strategies or will be sent to the world by way of Facebook, Twitter, or a weblog widget.
Gallery: Withings Connected Body Scale three Photographs
The size seems to be prefer it might have been designed by Jonny Ive as an accessory for an iMac. It is a smooth slab of black glass on high of a base with curved sides, so it seems to be hovering. The show is easy to learn and may be adjusted to indicate your weight in pounds, kilograms, or stones It makes use of 4 AAA batteries, so there isn't any power cable working to the size. I've found that I get great battery life since the scale shuts itself off after use, then turns itself again on while you step on it.
Setup of the scale was straightforward when I first did it in December of 2009, however now it is even simpler. On the time I set up my scale, you needed to connect it to a pc (Mac, Windows, or Linux) not less than as soon as via an included USB cable. The USB connection was used to feed the Wi-Fi community parameters (SSID, password, and so on...) to the scale. Now, nevertheless, the WiScale app can be used from any iOS system to set up the size.
By way of community compatibility, the Withings Scale works on 802.11b/g standards and works completely with Apple's AirPort devices because of this. It supports WEP, WPA, and WPA2 safety modes, which ought to hold your curious neighbors from packet-sniffing your weight every morning.
As I noted earlier, sharing your weight - if you wish to try this - is quite straightforward. You'll be able to set up Twitter tweeting ("Whoa, Steve gained four pounds overnight!"), Fb updates, and there's a widget obtainable for most running a blog tools that will display your weight. Although I'm not that open, no less than until I lose some weight, it's nice to know that I can use these frequent methods as a approach of shaming myself into dropping more weight or letting my pals provide motivation.
But the true energy of the Withings Scale is apparent when you see what number of iOS apps can really tap into your weight measurements. By my depend, which might be fairly low, you may track your progress in the Day by day Burn (free), Runkeeper (free or Pro version for $9.99), iBody ($9.ninety nine), Weightbot ($1.99), Fit Orbit (free), and Cal2Go ($three.ninety nine) apps. I had purchased the superior Tapbots Weightbot app earlier than I bought my Withings Scale, and I was thrilled when I didn't have to manually enter my weight readings anymore. Withings notes that the scale additionally works with Microsoft HealthVault and Google Well being.
If you stand on the scale, it takes about 20 seconds for it to take your weight and determine your fat content, after which the knowledge is distributed off to the Withings web site. One factor I observed is that, in case you have two users who're roughly the same weight, the dimensions has issues figuring out who is presently standing on it. My wife and I bumped into that situation just lately; she's doing an amazing job losing a few pounds, whereas I am doing an equally good job maintaining my current excessive weight, so on the occasions when she makes use of the Withings Scale, it sometimes mixes up our readings.
This is not an Apple accessory that's going to appeal to everybody, but in the event you're critical about decreasing or maintaining your weight to enhance your general health, the Withings Connected Body Scale is certainly a good way to routinely combine fitness info into a growing number of iOS and Internet apps.
That is, assuming it nonetheless has a funds for them.
Steam's first sport awards are chosen by you
It's also working its Autumn Sale, with large reductions on key video games.
The most effective deals for Black Friday
We have rounded up a number of the best reductions in gadgets and video games.
Ditto takes on the forms of other creatures.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar